Monday, February 3, 2014

Purple Paris


Posted: 03 Feb 2014 - David Lebovitz
Paris

I was buying a bike recently and, for some reason, the store offered the bike I wanted in two shades: black and prune (plum), one of the many variations on purple (which include, but are not limited to, violet, purple, and magenta) in the French vocabulary. I wasn’t sure I wanted a purple bike, but then I thought about how purple has invaded Paris – especially evident when an old-fashioned, traditional French butcher shop reopened this fall after an extensive renovation…
But it wasn’t just the butcher…

Paris
It was also the purple pâtisserie and pain maker…
Paris
And the purple pane-maker…
Paris
And the eyeglass maker…
Paris
Or you can peep across the street, to another eyeglass maker…
Paris
And there’s the make-up maker…
Paris
The phone broker…
Paris
And the salad maker…(ie: me)
Paris
The ticket maker…
Paris
Continue Reading Purple Paris...

No comments:

Post a Comment