Monday, June 9, 2014

Roasted Strawberry-Miso Ice Cream

Roasted Strawberry Miso Ice Cream recipe-7Posted: 08 Jun 2014 - David Lebovitz

I was always on the frence about fruit-based ice cream made with eggs. Yes, you got that right. I wrote “Frence,” which is my subconscious speaking (or writing), most likely because I’ve got both France – and fresh strawberries – on the brain these days.

Roasted Strawberry-Miso Ice CreamAfter rhubarb, strawberries are the first sign of spring at our markets. And while there are plenty of different types out there, I wait for the glorious day that the apple vendors from Picardie arrive at my market with barquettes of fragrant red berries that are so ripe they’re red all the way through when you slice them in half. Another bonus is that when you buy two baskets, they give ya’ a deal on the second. So, of course, I pick up two.


strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment