Monday, January 29, 2018

A Visit to the All-Clad Cookware Factory


DavidLebovitz

A Visit to the All-Clad Cookware Factory
David, 29 Jan

There’s nothing I love more than a factory tour, especially when it has something to do with food, or cooking. So I jumped at the chance to visit the All-Clad factory while on book tour. Pittsburgh is a city known for its metal industry – most notably, steel, and while much of the metalworking factories have wound down, or closed, All-Clad is still going strong.

I was first introduced to All-Clad cookware when I started working in restaurants. The pots and pans were rugged, easy to manoeuver, and not too heavy, so as a line cook, you could lift a whole stack of skillets when setting up your station, but they were strong enough to stand up to restaurant cooking, which involves a lot of unpredictable heat, and banging around. I threw a sauté pan against a wall during a particularly stressful service, which fortunately missed a lot of people in its trajectory. The pan also survived my tantrum, unscathed.

1px

No comments:

Post a Comment