Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Double Chocolate Bundt Cake


DavidLebovitz

Double Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze
David, 09 Jan

One of the compelling things about food blogs is how they bring together people from all over the world. Cooking and eating is something we all have in common, no matter where we are from. Blogs have globalized cooking, erasing borders and boundaries. And I’ve enjoyed learning more about other people’s food and cooking, and meeting them as well.
Things have changed over the past few years, but a little over a decade ago, “link rolls” listed maybe a half-dozen blogs, and people would excitedly add new ones as they learned about them. One that stood out was Cafe Fernando, written by Cenk SonmĂ«zsoy. He started like most of us – sharing what he was eating and cooking, but eventually became known for his gorgeous photography, too.

I, and other readers of Cafe Fernando, weren’t the only ones who noticed him. Cenk got a publishing deal and spent six years working on his book, which was in Turkish. I was at a dinner party recently with some Turkish people who had non-Turkish spouses, and both sides agreed that Turkish is one of the most difficult languages to learn.
When I saw his book, I didn’t need to know any Turkish (although I can say, “Thank you,” “Goodbye,” and “hazelnut” in Turkish) — the book was so unique and beautiful that I didn’t need to understand any of words. Although I was hoping one day to be able to make the Hazelnut & Caramel Cookies, which were speaking my language.Continue Reading Double Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze...
 
1px

No comments:

Post a Comment