Wednesday, April 30, 2014

L.A.

L.A.




Posted: 29 Apr 2014 - David Lebovitz

LA

I’m one of those people who loves Los Angeles. Even rarer, I’m one of those San Franciscans who loves Los Angeles. Each sometimes writes off the other, and the two big cities in California are often at odds with each other. One is serious, grey, and a little foreboding and mysterious. The other sunny and warm, with an upbeat attitude that even after visiting for the umpteenth time, I find refreshing. And it always makes me happy to come.

LA

My first “Aha!” moment on this visit was when I woke up the morning after dinner at République, the stunning restaurant which took over the space of the former Campanile restaurant. I took the elevator up to the breakfast room of my hotel, to the top floor. When the door opened, my eyes took a moment after being greeted by a sky so bright-blue, I was wondering why I had spent so many years trying to stay warm under the blanket of chilly fog of San Francisco.
So a poolside breakfast it was, a plate of scrambled egg whites with kale, squash, avocados and Sriracha sauce, along with a thermos of coffee, and a terrace view. I was ready to move in.

Continue Reading L.A....

No comments:

Post a Comment