Monday, August 4, 2014

Cover Recipe: Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches



Sunday, August 3, 2014



I am little bit late for the July Cover Recipe post, but better late then never!  I clearly have a thing for berries an ice cream, because this month I again turned to these fabulous summer ingredients to make chocolate raspberry ice cream sandwiches from the July issue of Food Network Magazine.  Not my favorite food magazine  - I'll admit it, I am a snob about the Food Network.  In spite of this, the ice cream sandwiches are perfect for July and I fancied them a little bit by making my own ganache.  The magazine recipe doesn't specifiy ingredients for these and the only homemade piece is the cookies.  
But that is what is great about these - make these cookies and a million different variations are at your finger tips.  Want to make your own ice cream, go for it!  Want to make homemade toppings, go for it!  Want to combine weird flavors like mint chocolate chip and strawberries - the world is your oyster, do what makes you happy!  I went with the cover recipe of the chocolate cookie, fudge sauce, berry ice cream and fresh raspberries.  
An elegant seasonal choice for July.  These cookies are really keepers - they came together easily, taste delicious and froze beautifully.  Summer is still here, have fun!
Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches, adapted from Food Network Magazine
More

No comments:

Post a Comment