Friday, October 30, 2015

Butterscotch Caramel Blondies

DavidLebovitz


David, 30 Oct 08:15 AM

Butterscotch Caramel BlondiesI’ve been in San Francisco this week, doing some events – which is actually an excuse for eating my way around town. San Francisco is a city that seems to reinvent itself every few years. But what thing that keeps going in the same direction is the quality of the food and the ingredients that are available.


I’ve spent time with a French artisan butcher, met the master of laminated pastries, and gorged in the palace of the reine (queen) of the Kouign Amann, and all I can say is “Wow!”
Butterscotch Caramel Blondies


Like me, a number of people who were influenced by the food culture that’s flourished in the Bay Area have scattered far and wide, and gone off to do our own things. And like me, Claire Ptak of Violet in London seems to be doing the same. I haven’t been to her bakery but she worked at Chez Panisse after I left for a number of years, before heading to England to open a cake shop. I never got to meet her…although I’m sure everyone else in the Chez P. kitchen had a lot to say about me ; )
Continue Reading Butterscotch Caramel Blondies...

1px

No comments:

Post a Comment