Friday, April 17, 2015

Orion picks up MasterChef's Ping

Published April 17, 2015. By Sarah Shaffi - The Bookseller

Orion is to publish a book by "MasterChef" champion Ping Coombes.

Ping’s Pantry will “invite its readers to Ping’s family table, and give them all the guidance they need to bring the sizzle, zest and spice of Malaysia to their own kitchens”.

Coombes won "MasterChef" in 2014, and is the current reigning champion. She has appeared on this series of the BBC One programme, judging food made by the current contestants.
Orion Books’ non-fiction publishing director Amanda Harris bought world rights to Ping’s Pantry from Louise Lamont at LBA Books.

Harris said: “Ping Coombes has wowed the nation with her cooking talent and irrepressible charm. Now, in her first cookbook, Ping shares the true essence of Malaysian cuisine.
Ping's Pantry will be a beautiful and vibrant celebration of Malaysian food. These are Ping's family's recipes, passed down from generation to generation, and updated for the modern kitchen.”
Coombes said: “Ping's Pantry will be a collection of my favourite recipes inspired by my childhood in Malaysia and most of my adult life in the UK. The book will appeal to viewers of MasterChef and a whole new audience.

“Interwoven with the flavours, combinations and ingredients of my dishes will be pieces of me: my family’s history, my travels, my passion and my love for food and for life.
“I believe food has the power to create and evoke memories. If I can, in any way, help people discover or replicate the flavours of Malaysia, I will be very happy.”

Ping’s Pantry will be published by Weidenfeld & Nicolson on 12th May 2016, as a £25 hardback and £12.99 e-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment